Updated to fix misinformation.
So, after the poll on the Google+ over the desired choice of Desktop Environment for the 'Emergency Desktop Environment', sparked by the potential desire of Linux Mint Team to kill off Metacity support in Cinnamon (Metacity is the Window Dressings around windows, which includes the Close, Maximise, Minimise and Menu buttons, and the borders around windows), the word from the community of Feren OS Users who participated made their call, with the options being either KDE Plasma or GNOME. Due to a more than overwhelming response in support of using the Plasma Desktop Environment as the next DE, and due to a number of other reasons as well, Feren OS is about to change, for the better.
Every day I'm always trying to make improvements and features and improve existing features in order to make the Feren OS Experience as great as possible... this can also mean that issues may arise and so I want to try and make sure that the issues are as lacking and rare as possible, but quite recently that has slipped a bit, and some noticeable cracks have shown in the updates Feren OS has had in recent time, before eventually being fixed, within Feren OS and Feren OS's packages alone. Here's an apology for the inconvenience those issues might've then caused, as well as me explaining what I've put in place since that has happened.
The ISO was updated yesterday to hopefully fix EFI-boot Installation Failures.
Known Bugs/Issues for 1/1/2019 Update:
- 'Login Window', aka 'lightdm-settings', is left-over from when LightDM was still the DM for Next
- displaymanager.conf has been re-added to the Calamares Installer (caused LightDM Initialisation Failure issues for some users) for SDDM Configuration, but I'm not entirely sure about whether it will work fine for everyone now or not.
- Default Favourites will only display once the menu has been swapped out for an 'Alternative' menu, due to a slightly glitchy value for the default favourites value (don't know what causes it, but looking into it)...
- Some Open With defaults are completely wrong, such as Text Files opening in Okular rather than Kate by default, these will be ironed out near the end of development, most likely
- Potentially more minor niggles
Changelog...? Check the January 2018 Snapshot Announcement Blog Post for that...
Too big an ISO for you? Well... Have a look at the size of Kubuntu 18.04's ISO, for comparison... and then put that on top of the fact that removing XFCE from Xubuntu and installing the Standard Kubuntu KDE Package makes the Xubuntu ISO then made A LOT BIGGER... yeah, Plasma's great for resource usage... just not so great for ISO Size... eh, I'll figure out ISO Size Optimisation closer to the Stable Release of this thing... that's a promise, I will try to make it near to the Feren OS with Cinnamon ISO Size, or 0.1GB bigger than that, at least, by release. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's great making something for the community that might become quite big and remain for a very long time to continue serving the community and helping Linux as a result.